Friday, August 28, 2009

6 months and 1 week


Jason and I have now been married for 6 months and one week! I am a little behind on the blogging I know...
It is hard to believe that 6 months has already gone by! At the same time it is so hard to imagine a time where he wasn't in my life.  The past six months have been pretty crazy and we have learned a lot about each other and life.  

We have lived in three different places now.  One in Park City, Ut and two in Michigan.  We have learned that driving for two days straight is a good way to test one another's patience.  We have learned that I have driving induced narcolepsy and if the car ride lasts longer than 10 minutes I fall asleep without fail.  Jason has learned that sometimes it is better to just let me sleep in order to not put up with my singing to my music. 

I have had three different jobs (not by choice).  We have learned that job hunting is not fun and that I get very bored and anxious when I do not leave the house for days on end.  We have learned that there is such a thing as too organized and that too much time on your hands can get you to that point rather quickly.

We have learned that even though there is a lot of dumb drama in singles wards they are a lot more fun and easier to make friends with than in family wards.  We have also learned that if you have children you get to be a part of a special club where you get together and talk about your children and set up play dates with your children and if you do not have children you get put into the "babysitter zone" and it is very hard to cross over from the babysitter zone to friend zone.  

We have also learned that there is nothing wrong with going to bed at 8:30 for the sole fact that there is nothing better to do.  We have learned that I like to lay in bed and talk about our day and our "feelings" while Jason likes to lay in bed and fall asleep within the first 5 seconds of conversation.  We have learned that I am a night person while Jason is a morning person.  Sleeping in for me means past 10 oclock.  Sleeping in for Jason means anything past 6:30am. 

We have learned that we have very opposite taste in clothes, and that Jason is much more fashionable than I am.  We have also learned that Jason can spend 15 minutes shopping and can come out with 5 things.  I can spend 5 hours shopping and be lucky to come out with more than one thing. 

We have learned that the fact that I am ten months older than Jason is a big deal and that while I see it as something to be kept a secret he loves to "brag" about the fact that he married an older woman.  We have also learned that my college degree, savings account, and other life accomplishment, trumps out his "my wife is older than me" speech. 

We have learned that even though it really means a lot to me when Jason cleans up or does laundry, I am still going to go back and do it all over again because I am that OCD.

We have learned that I can cook about 3 things other than Nachos.  We have learned that we are both creatures of habit and always end up ordering the same exact thing no matter where we go out to eat, and usually nachos are somehow involved.  

We have learned how to compromise.  We have learned that what may be important to one person may not be as important to the other.  We have learned to respect that we have differences.  We have learned that we are stronger and better off together than we are apart.  We have learned that there is such a thing as true love and that we are lucky to have found it.  We have gotten to travel and do and see so many fun things these past six months and there is no one else I would rather be doing all of these things with than Jason.  I love having my best friend to share my life with.  Even if it is just sitting at the lake reading books or watching our favorite shows or planning exciting trips that we have yet to take together.  I am absolutely more in love with Jason than I ever thought was possible and I know that those feelings are only going to continue to grow.  
For our Anniversary we went out to Bahama Breeze and ended up ordering the exact same thing we did when we went there for my birthday  (see... creatures of habit).  We also opened up our own bank account together and set up our IRA's for our retirement.  I guess if we can make it 6 months that means we should be good for the next 60 years right? :) I love you Jason and I am so excited to be on this journey with you. 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun post to read! Happy 6 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard at so many of the things you listed. So funny...mostly because I learned so many of the same things when Jeff and I got married...and the "your older than me" speech...never dies!! It's been 8 years and Jeff still uses it! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post...so cute. Isn't it a fun learning curve? Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete