Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Creepy Crawlies

Jason got quite the scare this Halloween when he found this guy hanging out on one of my shirts in our closet. He thought it was a broach at first (not sure why I would have a broach... let alone one that looks like this, but whatever). Anyways after spraying it with hairspray to see if it was a living thing and not a broach, he bravely "tomahawked" it with a shoe as it was running away. After much research to find out just what in the heck it was we've learned that we had our very own Scutigera Coleoptrata or House Centipede. Jase said it was the size of an iPhone. GROSS! My first reaction was that we were moving out right away and I have been creeped out ever since. These guys apparently eat all other bugs and some people keep them as "pets". Luckily they say if you kill the one you have than you most likely won't have any others because they can't coexist. Phew! Except since it's death we are now seeing spiders, and Jason is having a love hate relationship with this creeper... SICK


3 comments:

  1. EW! I shivered when I saw the bug. No thanks. I think the best part is when Jason thought it was your broach. On of your many..........hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that is totally disgusting!! I would have totally freaked about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand. We've seen several of those in our house too! And they are big. And freaky looking. I hate them. But then again, we see tons of spiders in our house too! Yuck.

    ReplyDelete