Saturday, June 12, 2010

Birthday Bikes

Happy early Birthday to us!
We've been wanting bikes for a long time now (especially Jason) and after much deliberation and shopping we finally found our perfect fit. 29ers. The have bigger tires then the regular 26" bikes so it is suppose to make them absorb things better? Or something about making boulders feel like pebbles? I dunno. I just liked the color.
We took them out last Saturday for our first Mountain Bike Date. Keep in mind this was the first time I had ever even tried Mountain Biking. We went on the Ghost Falls trail up above the Draper Temple. It was only about 4 miles round trip. It had some awesome views and some really steep cliffs. I have a huge fear of cliffs, and I may or may not have gotten off and walked my bike a few times. It was suppose to be an "easy" trail but even Jase said it was pretty tough. I was dying. But I felt pretty hard core, since I was the only girl we saw on the entire trail. Impressive right??

4 comments:

  1. I am impressed! Biking should be a fun activity for you both. Happy early B-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is impressive, Jenicia! Way to go, I hope you get a lot of good use out those bikes. I was just telling Evelyn a bedtime story this week about some little girls who rode their bikes around pretending that they were riding horses. Hmm, wonder who those little girls were?! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenicia, you're beautiful! You & your hubby make one cute couple - you guys look like you have a lot of fun too!
    ♥ Megan (Shill) Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that your mountain biking now. Like we talked about before, I tried and less than a pro at it. :) Be careful of those Utah trails. I realized that all the trails listed as 'easy' were actually opposite of easy. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete