Friday, July 9, 2010

Wanted: Friend for Husband, must LOVE Mountain Biking (can use my bike)


Our second biking adventure was not quite as successful as our first. We attempted to ride to Dog Lake in Millcreek Canyon.
However, the road up Millcreek still wasn't all the way open, so we had to park the car about 1/3 of the way up and ride our bikes the rest of the way up. About 5 miles straight up hill. I was not happy, and I was not loving it.
In all honestly I probably walked my bike for the majority of it. I just couldn't keep up with the constant uphill. I couldn't help but think about how much I could sell my bike for and what would happen if I just "happened" to roll it off the edge of a cliff.
At certain points we were riding our bikes through a good 6" or more of snow. And guess what we found, once we got to the actual trail head, More Snow.
We had been riding for over an hour at this point, and a muddy, snowy trail did not sound appealing at all. So we turned around. Which was the highlight of my ride. As hard as the uphill is, the downhill is

always worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha ha! That is hilarious, Jenicia! You are a good sport. : )

    ReplyDelete