Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013


Ashton is lucky, his Grandma Beckstrand loves parties, and guess where she got it from, her mom, Grandma Millward, who also loves parties.  They both threw great Easter parties this year.  Both of which I missed because of... you guessed it... work.

Jason took Ashton for all the fun.  Grandma Millward had an easter egg hunt and piñata (there is a piñata almost with out fail at every Millward party) among many other things. 
 Mostly Ashton just cared about collecting and hoarding footballs.  He is usually afraid to pass them to people because he is too worried they won't give it back to him.  
After the Millward party, Grandma Beckstrand had set up a scavenger hunt all over Bountiful taking all of her kids back to places like their old elementary school and ending up at Arctic Circle with kids meals for all the grand kids.
On Easter morning we woke up to a scavenger hunt of our own that Jason had created (wonder where he gets it from).  It was a high-tech scavenger hunt with those little bar code things that I had to scan with my phone to get the next clue.  Jason would be making fun of me right now knowing that I just called them "little bar code things" but I can't remember what they are called in real life.  The scavenger hunt led us to all of the loot Ashton had scored the day before as well as some great surprises from the Easter Bunny.  
Bike Pump for Jason, Basketball for Ashton, and Jason got me this great accessory for my diaper bag.  I was gifted one of those great Petunia Pickle Bottom bags but it's all velcro closures.  It's the worst in the middle of sacrament meeting when you need in but it sounds like a plane engine starting when you open the bag.  Anyways he got me a converter thing so that it is now magnetized instead.  Some guy just makes them and sells them online.  I'm writing about all of this because I really love and appreciate how much thought and effort Jason puts into gifts for me.  I never would have thought of something like that.
And of course our little Ashton man was oh so handsome in his Easter outfit.  I'm so grateful for the resurrection and the atonement and the fact that because of these things my family can be together forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment