Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sunny Snow

My parents have started a new tradition of third sunday night dinners.  We've only done it a few times so far but it is a nice way to make sure we are able to see one another at least once a month.  Jason was out with the flu this month so Ashton and I decided to make an over nighter of it.  Which felt like a mini vacation to me.  It was so nice having so many people around to entertain and play with him, and there is always such yummy food and treats at my parents lately.  
My Dad had Monday off for MLK so he took Ashton and I up to Snowbasin to watch the snowboarders and play in the snow.  It was so much fun and so beautiful.  We rode the gondola up to the top and walked around and then rode the gondola up and down a few more times.  Ash thought it was awesome.  I thought it was incredibly relaxing.  Snowboarding did look really fun and I did get a little jealous of the non-pregnant people getting to do all the fun stuff.  Being with just my Dad and Ashton though was the best part of the day.  I just love watching Ashton's face light up over things.  I especially loved seeing him love on his Grandpa and getting to spend some quality one on one time with him.  

The incredible beauty of Utah mountains is something I am definitely going to miss these next few years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment