Monday, February 24, 2014

5 years

This is our family at five years...
Crazy...

The fifth anniversary is "wood" so we went out to dinner at Goodwood Barbeque and then saw Hunger Games, Catching Fire (soooo good!)  I also got crafty and made Jason this little wooden frame and carved our initials in it and tried making the glass a chalkboard instead.  It didn't turn out perfect but  it was still a fun little project.
Back in October we returned to Bountiful Mazda, where we first met back December of 2007.  Jason let me pick out my new car.  A sleek and curvy new Mazda6.  I love it.  It was our early BIG five year anniversary present.  We felt it was only right we went back to Bountiful Mazda for it.  We also wanted something completely reliable and under warranty while we were in Med School so it would (hopefully) be one less worry.

After Jason and I got home from our date night we were chatting with Toni, Ashton's favorite babysitter, and I started having some bad pains, which over the next three hours continued to get worse, to the point where we woke Ashton up and headed into the hospital at 2:00am.  I was admitted with pre term labor (@ 31 weeks), luckily they were able to slow down my contractions and gave me the most wonderful Zofran.  I don't know if it was the pain or what, but I couldn't stop throwing up, and my body started shaking like it did when I had Ashton, like it was going into shock or something.  I had really forgotten how bad contractions can get.
I had actually had a Dr's appointment earlier that day, where Dr. Lind had scheduled another ultra sound since I was only 31 weeks but was measuring 36-37 weeks.  He is thinking I'm carrying way to much fluid.  I started having a bit of a panic attack and began blacking out thinking about how early this baby was.  Jason just calmly looked at me and said "we're having a baby, it's going to be okay" gratefully that wasn't the case but as always I'm so amazed and thankful for how well Jason takes care of me.  My Doctor had me get a betamethosone shot at 28 weeks for the baby's lungs, just to be safe, which was very comforting for me now.  Ashton was such a trooper and sat in his chair watching TV and held my hand once things calmed down and we were just waiting things out.  Hoping he is not traumatized after all the commotion he witnessed.
How could I ever ask for a better little boy?
Romantic ending to our evening for sure... but really we are all just grateful this little guy decided to stay in for hopefully another month at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment