Saturday, March 29, 2014

Outings and Adventures

A goal we set for this year was one "big" family outing every month.  Our big outing mixed in with all the other outings I can find for us has led to a very fun and exciting year for Ashton and I so far.
  January, Jason treated us to a motorcycle/ATV ice race at the Maverick Center.  Ashton was nervous from the noise at first but thanks to his trusty snow hat that covers his ears he ended up loving it and still talking about it to this day.  
Ashton and Mom also had our own night out at the Fire and Ice Festival at the Riverwoods.
 February was full of love and adventures at the Ice Castles.  We also met up with friends down town and played at City Creek.
Ash loves being the only boy (not really, but it happens sometimes).
I've been trying to squeeze in as many outings and play dates as possible this month with Ashton. We are loving this warm weather and time is running short that it is just going to be me and him. 
We took advantage of Dad's days off and went to the Hill Aerospace Museum followed by Grandma's house one week.  Ash loved looking at all of the planes and helicopters.  
Like father like son. 
We also went to Tracy Aviary, and then played at Liberty Park.  
Working on our flamingo pose.
This last week, after Jason got home from work we headed out to the store at 8:30pm too pick out two kinds of ice cream and two kinds of easter candy to share.  (No this was not the first time this type of sugar run has happened this pregnancy).  As I looked at him sitting on the couch with his little legs up and a bowl of candy in front of him as content as could be at 10:00pm on a Tuesday night. I thought to myself that he just has no idea how good he's got it.  
Heading out for the days adventures... He likes to pick out his own accessories if you can't tell.
Thursday we met up with a friend and went to the new aquarium.  He loved the otters, and the leftover candy that I brought as snacks because that was all we had.  After the aquarium we went and visited Dad at work.  Jase is currently at the Spring store in the South Towne Mall, Ashton loves visiting Dad because he likes to watch the train that drives around the mall, ride the escalators, and play on the indoor playground.  So we rode the escalators, played on the toys, hung out with Dad who got us candy from his stash at work and a balloon.  On the way back to the car someone gave Ashton an extra token they had for the merry go round.  The kid was in heaven.  You would have thought we were at a carnival, candy in one hand, balloon in the other, riding a cat (of course he would find the one cat on the entire ride).  I put him in his car seat and thought once again, "you have no idea how good you've go it right now".  All these activities and treats and it wasn't even 2:30pm yet.  

I wish he could have memories of these activities when he is an angry teenager suffering with the poor oldest child that never gets to do anything attitude (I can say that because I'm an oldest child and still have that attitude).  :) I hope somehow he will know that I am obsessed with him and love him so much and even though his world is about to be flipped upside down it will all work out and be even better in the long run.  
He truly is my best friend and little buddy.  We are kinda joined at the hip, not always by choice mind you, but where I go he is always right behind me.  Even if I'm cleaning the bathroom or doing laundry he is right there helping me.  Getting ready in the morning he loves sitting on the sink "helping me" or playing with his cars down by my feet.  We snuggle lots lately, more than Jason would think is healthy.  I haven't been allowed to pick him up for a couple months now (doctor's orders) instead we hold hands.    I can't tell you how many times I hear the words "mamma, hand" all day long and how much I love it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment