Thursday, May 14, 2009

Nanny Diaries

I finally got a job out here in Michigan! I began Nannying for a family the first of this month and love it! I've nannied for years now and every time it's a new challenge and new adventure. I think it is truly such a rewarding job. While some people love going to the office and working in doors for 8 hours a day, I just can't do it. I need to be able to get out and go and do new things. I applied for all sorts of jobs when Jason and I first got to MI but with the high unemployment rate out here, everyone and their dog was also applying for the same jobs. It got pretty discouraging because I wanted to be doing something I enjoyed and not just hitting buttons on the keyboard all day. I'm still just a big kid at heart and there are so many fun parks and things to go and see around this area but I had no kids to use as an excuse to go and see them. So I decided I would just "borrow" someone else's kid and Nanny again!

I have nannied for kids of all ages and loved all of them! I've been babysitting since I was 11 and just love kids. Hence my college degree in Family and Human Development. Through nannying I have gotten to live and do and see so many amazing things that I would have never had the opportunity to do otherwise. I lived in New York with the Bertolotti family, where I spent a summer nannying a 9 and 11 year old. As big as the age difference was Raquel, the 9 year old, really became my best friend while I was out there. We had so much fun together! I recently was able to go and visit them again and even though she has grown up so much she is still the same goofy little girl that I love!
I nannied in Logan while going to school too. Than in Park City and California, with the Morrison Family. They quickly became my second family and Olivia and Sophia quickly became "my girls" and Mitchell and Myles put up tough competition for Jason. :) I got so attached to these kids that it is still hard every time I have to say goodbye to them.

When I started working with this new family I could feel myself starting to put up defenses so as not to get too attached. But it has been two weeks now and I am already falling for this little boy. I mean, come one, just look at him! How could you not?!

Robbie is full of energy and so much fun! I'm exhausted by the time I get home everyday but I still love it. I hear that being a Mom is the best job ever, but I beg to differ... I think Nannying is, because you get to play with them all day and than when they are tired and whiney you get to hand them back to their parents! jk I know Motherhood will be amazing, but for now I am more than content playing with other peoples kids, and Jason is in FULL support of that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment