Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Date Night!

I guess when you are married, every night is date night... You + Date (spouse) + food + movie= Date. Right? At least that's how dating was back in college so I guess it still counts?? If that's the case than my "dating life" is awesome. Because that is what I have to look forward to pretty much every night. Now I'm not complaining, sitting on the couch, eating Nachos, and watching a movie with Jason is one of my favorite things! But on the rare occasion that we find something to actually go and do out here in Michigan, let alone people to go and do them with, I get just a little bit excited! This last weekend I brought Jason to his first REAL baseball game ever! (The Salt Lake Bee's just don't count.) I babysit for some of the players kids and they had some extra tickets for us. It was so much fun. We got to sit where the players families sit, right behind home plate, and watch the Tigers beat the Colorado Rockies 4-3. I grew up going to Seattle Mariner games and it is such a fun childhood memory. One I'm sure Jason was so sick of hearing about by the end of the night. "And one time, with my Dad...." I was excited to be able to share this with Jason and for him to experience a real major league game. I don't think he is a born-again baseball fan, it lacks the speed and adrenaline for him, but I like to think he enjoyed it as much as I did! I really loved Comerica Park. There is an awesome view of the city and after the game they even had fireworks.

To top the night off we went to P.F. Chang's and got my favorite food.... Chinese. While at the restaurant we noticed the booth next to us was two younger couples, both boys dressed in white shirt and tie. You don't see that too often out here, and my first thought was Missionaries? but than they had dates... After eaves dropping a little bit on their conversation we found out that they were all members. One couple was married and the other appeared to be an awkward set up. I got so excited to find another young LDS couple and figured we were destined to be best friends! After all, here we all were on a Friday night at P.F. Chang's... it was fate right?! Needless to say Jason and I spent the rest of the night coming up with different ways to become their friends. After many great plans that involved "accidentally" tossing a CTR ring onto their table and speaking the words "Prophet", "Temple", and "Book of Mormon" very loudly in their direction, we eventually left the restaurant friendless. I guess if it is fate we'll run into them again later. But just to be safe I still think it would be a good idea to eat at P.F. Chang's every night just in case they come back.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Yay for baseball games and the hot dogs that go with it. miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O sounds like so much fun! Thats too funny that you threw a ring at their table and with all those comments made, Im so surprised you didnt leave with friends haha jk! I hope they realized what they missed out on!! Miss you guys and love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi nish! (can I still call you that??) so I was checkin' your blog this morning and had this conversation with my 2 yr old who saw the picture of you in your wedding dress.
    "mom who's that?"
    "my friend jenicia"
    "is she a princess??"
    "does she look like a princess?"
    "oh, yeah!"
    so according to my daughter, who is an expert in all things princess, you look just like a fairy tale!

    (yes, I have become one of those moms who tell stories about their ADORABLE children all the time... :)

    ReplyDelete