Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas in Niagara

Since we were not able to make it back to Utah to be with Family for the Holidays, Jason offered me the consolation of our own little get-away trip instead. So rather than presents this year Jason surprised me with a 3 day trip to Niagara Falls, Canada. We left Christmas Eve and stayed at the Niagara Falls Hilton.

It is the tallest Hotel in Niagara Falls and we had such amazing views of them right from our room.

When we checked in we were even upgraded to a Junior Suite and had more room in our Hotel than we do in our own apartment. Jason surprised me by bringing Christmas Lights and Stockings.
Combined with the fireplace, Christmas Pajamas from Jason's Mom, presents from home, and even an Alaskan Nativity scene from my sister (Thanks Kayli!!!) we were all set for our very own first Christmas. Christmas Day we woke up and opened presents together before heading to a huge breakfast buffet. We then headed straight to the pool!
Later that afternoon we set out to explore Niagara City and check out the falls up close.

They are so big and beautiful.

That night we went to Brasa, a Brazilian all you can eat place, for Christmas Dinner.

It was so much fun to relax and not worry about the stress of work or anything else. I love it when Jason plans things they are always so thought out and perfect! It was so much fun to spend so much time just with him and not have anything else going on. Thanks for a great Christmas baby!

6 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! So glad you loved the falls. THEY ARE MY FAVORITE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas! Niagra Falls for Christmas, doesn't get much better. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Christmas! Niagra Falls is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh-how FUN! What a special Christmas! Beautiful pictures too, by-the-way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like sooo much fun!! I am glad you got to do something fun! WE love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a great trip Jason planned! It is so beautiful up there. I'm definitely going to have to get my passport. I'm glad you had a wonderful Christmas. I was surprised when you said you headed straight to the pool after the buffet breakfast, because Evan and I would have had to take a little nap after eating. (But you and Jason are obviously not gluttons like us.)
    Also, I'm glad you got away for Christmas because my turkey ended up being half raw and I would have felt terrible serving you a sides-only Christmas dinner. You made the right choice going away!!
    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete