Saturday, December 12, 2009

FINALLY!!!!


I was driving to work friday morning, listening to my favorite morning show, when they announced that Michigan will be banning smoking in public places!
FINALLY!
I actually shouted for joy in my car! Yes, I was that excited over it!

When Jase and I first moved here we went out to dinner at Chilli's and they asked us "Smoking or Non-Smoking?" I looked at the hostess blankly, like it was some kind of joke question, until I realized she was serious. In my head I was like "Non-smoking! Are you kidding me? Why would you even ask me that?!" I couldn't remember the last time I had heard that.
The radio station continued to debate the pro's and con's of this law with many callers very upset. I think this is such a no brainer, and I am so relieved that I can go out to dinner with friends and not worry about coming home reeking of smoke, causing Jason to sleep on the opposite side of the bed. I cannot wait to go out and not have to constantly hold my breath, or make up excuses like "I have asthma" or "I'm pregnant" just to get people to stop smoking around me (Yes, I have done this!).

Michigan is the 38th State to pass this type of law, only 12 more to go!
Gross.

3 comments:

  1. That is great news! I still remember when they passed this type of law in Washington when we were little girls and even then I was excited about going out to eat with my family and not having to smell cigarette smoke during dinner. It really is gross, I don't understand why people still smoke at all let alone in places like restaurants. That is really funny that you would make up things so people around you would stop smoking, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EW Gross!! Im glad they passed that! I seriously hate it when people smoke around me and my family! I make it a point to cover Kayson's face when someone is smoking by us! I hope that makes them feel bad too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO happy! I agree - it is disgusting and SHOULD be a no brainer to EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete