Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Farewell Michigan

After exactly one year and two weeks in Michigan we have said farewell. That's right we are no longer "Michiganders".

When we first moved there I couldn't wait to leave and now leaving has been so hard. We have had quite the adventure here and I wouldn't trade it in for anything. We have had so much fun and have been blessed while we were here.

We were able to attend all the major sporting events... Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons.
We had fun with visitors. My family came and stayed with us. The Cherrington family stopped and stayed with us on their way to New York. My good friend Autumn came and played, and my friend Kristi and I were able to get together a few times since her mom lives here. We also got to visit and go on trips with my favorite couple: The Moons.
We got to do some exploring in the state of Michigan and the surrounding areas.
We met and worked for a lot of different people,
Doctors, Lawyers, Baseball Players, VP's, Photographers, Car people... Oh the many
jobs I had in Michigan.
My favorite job, was with Goldfish though. I have had the hardest time saying goodbye to them. I love my little swimmer kids. I loved the thoughtful gifts and pictures they would bring me. I loved seeing them get so excited about swimming. I loved the hugs and high fives. I loved the people I worked with. I loved going to workevery day and being surrounded by friends. I loved all the crazy people and dramatic stories and laughing so hard at them at the end of the day.
We will also miss our little five year olds in our primary class. We fell in love with Primary and the special spirit in there.
I may or may not miss our little apartment though. It was a great first "home" for us. But I will not miss the constant head aches from all the smoke that constantly seeped in through the walls or the weird noises or the fear off being home alone in an unsafe area.
I will miss the lakes. I will miss the green. I will miss the good outlet stores. I will miss my yoga classes at my favorite gym. I will not miss "Michigan lefts", that is for sure.

I am excited for family and Utah friends though. It will be a fun new adventure that involves Jason going to school, and me finding a job to support us. I am excited to be able to talk about "stakes, wards, LDS, CTR, BOM, FHE, and missions" and not have people look at me so confused.

Thank you to everyone who took their time to come out to our apartment to say goodbye to us. Thank you Goldfish for the farewell lunch and fun weekend. Thank you Michigan for making our first year of marriage such a memorable one. You will be missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment