Friday, April 9, 2010

Festival Of Colors


We have officially welcomed in Spring! (Even though it is still snowing.) Jason, my brother Eric, and friends all headed down to Spanish Fork to the Krsna Temple to celebrate spring India style. They welcome in Spring by having a huge Holi Festival. There were well over 10,000 people there this year. I had been a couple years ago, but no one else who came with us had a clue what they were in for... Lots and lots of color!!! It is the only time and place where you can throw colorful powder on random strangers.

It turns into one giant color fight. After the official countdown everyone throws all of their remaining color into the air and a giant color cloud explodes, and can be seen for miles. You can hardly see, let alone breathe. Great fun!

Oh and did I mention I found my bestest friend Marci there?!
Hare Krishna!

2 comments:

  1. Wow-you guys moved back to Utah! I hope things go well for you out there especially with Jason going to school and everything. We look forward to moving back west someday too-but it will still be awhile for us. And that festival sounds crazy! Very fun though-you guys are so cute. I went to that temple on a field trip once-it is an interesting place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so much fun! I really do hope that we see you guys soon. I am happy you're back!

    ReplyDelete