Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Still Snowing

Yep, it's April 28th and it is still snowing.

Jason and I feel like Utah knew we didn't get much of a winter in Michigan so it is just trying to make it up to us now. We would always laugh at how everyone in Michigan feels like their winters are horrible and that we would never be able to survive them. Are you kidding me?! I remember driving to work one day, in a "blizzard", the guy in front of me going a ridiculous 8 mph and thinking "Are you kidding me?! Bring it on Michigan! Bring it on!" Which it never did. One of my favorite quotes while we were there was "We have snow for Christmas! You'll love it!" my reply "Wow! Utah has snow for Halloween." Not to mention St. Patricks Day, Easter, and hey why not Mothers Day right? I'm not complaining, really. I have actually come to enjoy winter. I think it is all the years spent in Logan and Park City. Now they know how to do winter!
We didn't get a chance to enjoy any Utah snowboarding this season but we were able to join my family for some good ole fashion snowmobiling. It snowed almost the entire time we were there, leaving over four feet of fresh snow. Which we actually found to be quite annoying as Jason and I got stuck within the first half hour of our first ride.

We stayed the night in an awesome cabin, went hot tubbing, watched basketball, and ate, and ate, and ate. My family loves their junk food that's for sure!

The next day we headed out early and rode for hours. We were trying to get to Muir Lake but only made it half way (about 9 miles) until the snow got too deep and we could not possibly go any further, believe me my dad tried.

The entire trip was so much fun and it was a much needed break from Jason and I's current life of unemployment and homelessness. We came home rejuvenated and excited and I actually got a job the next day (more posts to follow). See what a little fresh air and snow will do for you? Thank you Snyder Family for an incredible mini-vacation!

1 comment: