Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Meet Marci

I met Marci about 4 years ago at one of those awkward  Singles Ward Activities.  They were going to the Jazz game and I got talked into going.  Probably one of the only activities we both ever went to.  So I think it was fate.   I didn't know anyone and she was new.  
A few months later we were bonding big time in the beautiful Cayman Islands.  Creating enough inside jokes to last a life time.
By the end of the Summer we were roomies livin the life in Sugar House.  Loved these days.  Laughing all night long on the couch.  Talking about real life.  Swapping music and dancing at all the shows.  Watching a million episodes of The OC and Arrested Development.  And of course hanging out with the best neighbor ever, Jason. 
Jason and I officially adopted her in February. 
And then we moved and I cried and cried because I missed her so much.  But then we moved home and I was so excited to have my friend back.  We may not have been able to hang out as much as we used too.   But our monthly dinners were my favorite.  
One day Marci decided to go on a Mission.  That is what I love about her.  She is so brave and strong and has such a huge testimony.  Having the opportunity to be there with her when she went through the temple was amazing.  I cried.  We got to go to St. George for her farewell and meet up with some other good friends.
We were all roommates (and tan) at one point in time, even if it was only for a few days.  
Marci,  I want you to know how much I love you and how proud of you I am!  You are going to be an incredible missionary and I am so excited to hear all of your stories and see the amazing difference you are going to make in this world.  Thank you for the example you have set for all of us.  
Love, Pop-Pop and Gangy 

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting that she went on a mission. She is very brave. I have just had to go out with the missionaries a few times this year and it is hard work. I truly admire anyone who goes.
    MISS YOU!!! Call me so we can get together. Only 8 more weeks till we move.

    ReplyDelete