Sunday, January 27, 2013

Blue Lemon Disco Night

It's not often Jason and I get date nights.  I always feel guilty getting a babysitter to go out with since we have one so often for work as it is.  So to get a babysitter and go out for a date night on work was a real treat!  This year's BL party was at the Cottonwood Heights location.  Disco themed, with the usual tasty food and fun friends.  There was even the random drunk co-worker who really spiced up the dance floor.  
 Jason actually dressed up with me and came out and danced for a split second or two.  I love my job and I'm so grateful for the fun friends I've made over the past almost three years here.  It's an amazing feeling, being a part of something bigger.  That may sound weird, but I'm very proud of my job.  I know it has the usual frustrations and ups and downs.  But I've learned so much about myself and I work hard to make my contribution to the BL team something to be proud of.  
As usual we had our Lemmy awards. Where I actually won the Bleeds Blue award.  Something I was so shocked over.  Working with Aislinn I thought I knew all of the winners for all of the awards, but they had kept this one a secret from me really well.  Even when Michael announced my name, I was like "oh crap he mixed my name up with someone else".  I got an awesome Lulu Lemon jacket and another "trophy" that is now proudly displayed by my Rockstar award I won a few years ago.  We also won a frozen yogurt gift card in the raffle. 
Grateful to Jason as well for supporting me working.  I know the schedule isn't always ideal and I know that I bring home my work with me all to often, but I feel blessed to have a job that allows me the flexibility to provide for us while Jason is in school and to be able to spend as much time with Ashton as I can.  Not to mention I love what I do! It's my dream job really.

No comments:

Post a Comment