Sunday, September 5, 2010

Perspective and Flowers


Last week was just one of those weeks.
It was hard and stressful and I didn't handle it like I should have.
Work was hard and overwhelming.
I didn't accomplish all I wanted to.
I was annoyed and frustrated with just about everything. Annoyed that the laundry didn't do itself and that the bathroom didn't clean up after itself. Annoyed that I couldn't sleep or eat all week. Annoyed that as hard as I try I just never feel like I'm doing enough. Frustrated that I was crying over nothing.
And poor innocent Jason just took it all in. I came home Saturday night, from a long 12 hour day of events at work to find flowers and a manicure and pedicure certificate waiting for me. With a note from Jase saying how much he loves me and how he just wants me to be happy. All week I had been taking out my frustrations on him, and what does he do? Buys me flowers...
I love him.
Sunday we went to the hospital to visit Skyler.
Poor little guy, just isn't doing good. Anything and everything that could go wrong, has. He looked so frail and out of place in that big hospital bed. You can't help but be on the verge of tears the entire time you are there.
Jason's Mom asked me how my week was. I felt a huge wave of guilt come over me. How can I sit there and complain all week and feel sorry for myself while this innocent little boy is in so much pain and lying there suffering?
I complain and stress over all these dumb little things. While so many people have real trials and real pains.
My new goal is Perspective. Don't take things so harshly and personally. Every day is a new day. A new chance to be a better person. I can't let myself get so overwhelmed or I forget about the important stuff. Like Family, Love, Joy, Friendship, and Health. I've been so blessed in my life. Skyler needs the prayers and wishes more than I do.
Skyler's Uncle made this little slide show of him.
We love you Skyler, thank you for teaching me about perspective.

4 comments:

  1. We all have weeks like that. Not all of our pain and trials are the same as everyone else but I think it is safe to say that life is tough for everybody. Don't beat yourself up too much Jenicia!
    That little Skyler is sure a cutie. I hope he is doing alright. What a tough kid.
    Go enjoy that manicure, pedicure, flowers and sweet husband!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the story. That does help put things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, Some times we all forget what really matters in this life and it takes a little Skyler to remind us of how precious each moment of life its and also those we love. Skler and family is in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That husband of yours is a keeper. Evan is good with flowers, but hasn't given me a spa gift cert. since our first year of marriage.

    We will definitely keep Skyler in our prayers. I try to keep things in perspective everyday, but sometimes it doesn't last 5 min. after my morning prayers.

    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete