Sunday, January 23, 2011

ugh... 2011

2011 was suppose to be my year!
After all the ups and downs of 2010, I was certain that 2011 was going to be smooth sailing.  We made our New Years Resolutions, mapped out our goals, and planned out how to make this one, fantastic, year.

However, the first week back to work sure did slap me in the face.  All the goals and plans I had made for work were quickly trampled on.  Apparently everyone had a different agenda for me than I had originally planned and everything soon spiraled out of control.  I think that a fault of mine is that I get to emotionally invested in what I do, it makes me a good employee, but at the same time it can make my life a living you know what.  Before I knew it, I was sick over work, more stressed out than I had been in years.  I've been emotionally and physically exhausted, putting in way over my 40 hours a week, causing me to loose weight, having no appetite, feeling nauseous, and crying all the time.  Now I don't mean a little tear here and there but sobbing uncontrollably at least once a day and not always in the best situations (e.g. The Apple Store).

This week I decided that I either had to quit and move on or turn things around and start over.  Since the only other job I would want to do right now, involves training dolphins, I figured I had better figure out a way to make it work.  
So I'm back in, back on board, maybe not necessarily as thrilled about my employment as I was before, but I'm here to stick it to them at least. Show them that I do know what I'm doing and I am good at it.  It may not be on my terms any more but hey it's not forever.  I have a dedication and pride in this brand, and the owners.  No matter what.

So heres to 2011, lets just erase the past 3 weeks and go from here...

Best day of the year so far:  Chilling with this dude yesterday.  
Love him! 
We played game after game after game and after he warmed up to me again, we laughed and laughed.  I couldn't stop smiling the entire time! It's a good thing I had that little doctors mask on or he would have thought I was a complete idiot for how much I kept grinning at him. 

Thanks again Skyler, for reminding me whats really important in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment