Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Marriage... The Honeymoon


After the wedding we woke up bright and early and headed off to Cancun, Mexico!!! Neither of us had ever been before so we were both very excited.  I couldn't wait for some beach and sunshine!  The flight was long but well worth it.  We stayed at the Westin Resort and Spa. We had a great view from our room and could walk right out to the beach.  
We spent our first day exploring the Hotel and all of its pools and restaurants.  The next day we just hung out on the beach and played in the ocean.  Nothing beats laying out on the beach all day with your hubby! :)  That night we went to down town Cancun and ate at, my new favorite restaurant, Chocolate City.Our third day their we got up early and took a tour bus out to the Mayan ruins.  It was such a great experience and I'm so glad we decided to do it!  On the way out we stopped at a cenote, which is a large underground river.  It was about 75ft below the ground and so gorgeous.  It had vines coming down and looked like something straight out of a movie.  We went swimming and cliff jumping.  It took my about a 45 minutes and a lot of coercing from Jason but I finally jumped.  All the while Jason was doing back flips and showing everyone else up.  Our next stop was the Mayan Ruins.  They are so amazing and so beautiful. I couldn't believe the knowledge and architectural expertise these ancient people had.  I loved learning about their culture and lives back than.  The next day we took a ferry to Isla Mujeres.  We went snorkeling along the reefs and swam with sharks. I was so proud of Jason! He's not the biggest fan of ocean creatures but he knows how much I love them.  I even got him to touch a starfish.  :)   Back on the Island we rented a little scooter and went exploring.  Their were so many fun little shops and restaurants.  Not to mention the gorgeous views of the ocean.  Our last day there we hung out at the beach, did some body surfing, and soaked in every last bit of sunshine I could before heading back to freezing cold Utah!  
I loved this entire trip so much! It was so much fun and I loved having my best friend along with me the entire time! 
 We got back to Utah just in time for the Mc Hammer and Vanilla Ice concert.   He knows how big of fan I am of the 80's and surprised me with tickets for Valentines Day.  We went with a group of friends and it was an all night 80's dance party with the best performers around!!  I fell in love with Jason all over again that night. Not only did he put up with Vanilla Ice and MC all night long, but he dressed up and danced crazy with me the entire night! 
Ice Ice Baby... 

3 comments:

  1. How fun!! You guys are such a cute couple! I hope your havin loads of fun out there! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time!! I've never been to Cancun, but would love to go sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am gland that you and Jason are having so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete