Saturday, April 11, 2009

Michigan

The week after we got back from our honeymoon we loaded up my little Mazda and headed off to our new adventure in the land of Michigan.  Jason began working for my company (MAC) the first of January.  I was the owners personal assistant and Jason became the companies Marketing guy.  In exchange for me hooking Jason up with this great new job and opportunity I lost my job and was sent along with him to try and start up the company in Michigan.  I had never been to Michigan before, and Jason had only been there once.  Neither of us really knew what we were in for though.

 The drive took us two days, about 23 hours, worth of driving.  Surprisingly Jason was only pulled over once!  For doing like 5 over in the middle of the night in Nebraska. I guess cops out there don't have much else to do.  All in all it was a very uneventful trip. There is really nothing exciting between Utah and Michigan. 

 We arrived in Michigan late Thursday night, March 5th.  The next day it was beautiful and sunny.  I was so excited to be able to wear a t-shirt and not have snow!  But I soon came to find out that was all just a trick to get me to like Michigan more.  It has been rainy, cold, and snowy ever since!  We have now been in Michigan for just over a month.  Jason loves his job and really enjoys it here.  I've had the fun and oh so unpleasant task of finding a job. With the unemployment rate so high around these parts it has not been easy... Right now we are staying in a company condo, where we will be until mid-May when we will need to find another place to live for the rest of the time we are here. So far thats been tricky as well.  

All in all its been great though.  We get to spend a lot of time together, especially since I don't work.  So I'm am just here ALL the time. When Jason leaves for work and when he comes home, I'm always just patiently waiting for him. :)  The people we have met here have all been so nice and helpful. I'm really looking forward to summertime, warm weather, and leaves on the trees again.  There is a lot of lakes, trees, and wildlife around us too, so I love that.  We've been able to explore Detroit a little bit as well. Jason got to go to a Pistons game which he said was a blast.  He also took me to a Red Wings hockey game.  Apparently Hockey is a really big deal out here.  Opening day for the Tigers was yesterday and I'm pretty excited to check out one of their games.  Hint Hint Dad, come visit!!! 

2 comments:

  1. How Fun guys! Im glad your likin it out there! (Jen don't worry its been rainy and cold here too) We miss you guys and love ya tons! Cant wait till we get to see you again! Good luck on the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen... it's good that I get to learn about Michigan from you. Exciting time. I would have loved to be there to see North Carolina kick Michigan's BOOTIE for sure. If only it would have been the Aggies, right? Well love ya and I'll talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete